Child Minder/Program Support
The Child Minder is primarily responsible for providing a safe and developmentally appropriate environment for the children attending the various programs at Spirit of the Children Society. The Child Minder will be respectful of children and parents, and ensure that equipment and facility are clean, safe, and well maintained.
Program Support staff will support other programs within the society, when not busy with childminding.
REPORTS TO: Program Manager and Executive Director
- Promote and support traditional cultural teachings and practice for our families, agency, and community.
- Utilize the traditional Aboriginal philosophies that include: the Medicine Wheel, the Seven Sacred Teachings.
- Set the environment and implement activities to meet the physical, emotional, intellectual and social needs of the children in the program.
- The Child Minder will provide adequate equipment and activities, ensure equipment and facility are clean, well maintained and safe at all times.
- Will develop culturally appropriate programs and activities, carried out primarily in Circle Time, that honor culture and values of the Aboriginal Culture and history.
- Follow policies and procedures including acceptable disciplinary policies and must be familiar with emergency procedures.
- Ecd Certificate, and relevant work experience.
- Food Safe and First Aid for Children
- Strong knowledge of Aboriginal and urban Aboriginal culture, traditions, and history.
- Knowledge and ability to teach a range of related topics, including child development, parenting strategies, anger management, and ability to do family assessments.
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Current and valid Driver’s License or willing to obtain business insurance and liability coverage.
- Driver’s Abstract (agency will process).
- Criminal records check (agency will process).